- Rahman, R., Vinko, T., Hales, D., Pouwelse, J. and Sips, H.
(2011). Design Space Analysis for Modeling Incentives in Distributed
SIGCOMM 2011. PDF.
- Hales, D., (2010) Rationality meets the Tribe: Recent Models of
Cultural Group Selection. In Mollona, E., (ed) Computational Analysis
of Firms’ Organization and Strategic Behaviour. Routledge. PDF.
- Hales, D., Rahman, R., Zhang, B., Meulpolder M., and Pouwelse, J.
(2009) BitTorrent or BitCrunch: Evidence of a credit squeeze in
BitTorrent? Proceedings of the 5th IEEE Collaborative Peer-to-Peer
Systems (COPS) Workshop. PDF.
- Hales, D. & Arteconi, S. (2006) SLACER: A Self-Organizing
Protocol for Coordination in P2P Networks. IEEE Intelligent Systems,
- Hales, D. & Edmonds, B. (2005) Applying a socially-inspired
technique (tags) to improve cooperation in P2P Networks. IEEE
Transactions in Systems, Man and Cybernetics - Part A: Systems and
Humans, 35(3):385-395. PDF.
- Hales, D. (2014) Modelling Collective Commons Problems: Future
Scenarios for P2P “Money”. Invited talk presented at ESRC Diversity in
Macro Economics Conference, University of Essex, Feb. 24, 2014. Slides:
PDF. Abstract of
- Hales, D. (2011) The social transformation and your role in it.
Invited talk - PhD in progress workshop at the ECCS2011 conference, Vienna, 14th
- Halas, D. (2011) Denationalising Money: can quality emerge?
Presented at the NESS workshop at
the ECCS2011 conference, Vienna,
14th Sept. PDF. Abstract of
- Hales, D. (2011) The Socio-Economics of P2P Systems. Invited talk
- Warwick Business School Exective MBA programme, Warwick, UK, 16th
- Hales, D. (2010) Towards a Quality Financial Commons?
talk - Quality
Commons Workshop, Paris, January 2010. PDF.
Position statement PDF.
(I developed and teach
a couple of graduate level courses at Szeged University):
- Modelling Social Interaction in Information Systems (MSIIS)
- Agent-Based Modelling in NetLogo (ABM-NetLogo)